View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 09:20 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

You don't understand why I am mad at this girl for throwing her brother in a pit with her best friend aka mother figure Indra to fight to the death? Like, REALLY? There is absolutely no excuse of that. I dont care if it was in her rulebook for underground to have fights. The whole purpose of the pit fighting I thought was to reduce the population. It doesnt make sense to me why they are continuing that tradition now that they are above ground. She cant punish Bellamy and Indra a different way? She's forcing them kill one another? Its completely savage.
No need for sarcasm, Alexa. I was genuinely asking a question. That's the thing, Wonkru culture cancels out everything else, including whatever rules she's willing to bend for her brother. And they still apply, now that they're out of the bunker. And both him and Indra did betray her so that is the be-all-and-end all right now. Doesn't necessarily mean that I agree with this action but I can understand her rationale for it.

Quote:
Is it healthy, logical or even right? Of course not! But add her isolation over the past 6 years to the isolation she's felt since everyone returned to the ground/surface, and it made it easier for me to understand her motivations.
Agreed, Tara. I feel like the circumstances need to be taken into account too. I do think that her behaviour errs a bit on the extreme right now but also, I understand it because of Madi being the most important person to her right now and the fact that she doesn't feel like she belongs with any of the other groups and hence focuses all her energy on protecting Madi right now.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit