View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 09:09 AM
TaraJoyful
Part-Time Fan

I just wanted to add a quick thought it regards to Clarke's motherhood plot line this season.

To be clear, I think both Bellamy and Clarke went about things the wrong way in 5x09, so this isn't a defensive post.

I feel like part of the reason why Clarke is falling flat for some people this season is because we're used to her being front and center when it comes to conflict. She's been the leader, the one to shoulder the burden, the one to make the tough decisions (not always the right ones of course), so to see her be on the sidelines isn't natural, and I don't think it's supposed to be.

As for her actions regarding Madi last episode, I don't really see it as just being because of her "mama bear" role. For the past 6 years, this little girl has been all she's had. She's had no family, no friends, no actual other adults to communicate with. Just Madi. So it makes perfect sense to me that she's is almost obsessive in her protection of her.

Is it healthy, logical or even right? Of course not! But add her isolation over the past 6 years to the isolation she's felt since everyone returned to the ground/surface, and it made it easier for me to understand her motivations.