View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 08:25 AM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Ah, if that "true believers" line was about the ones wanting to restore the old Commander system it makes more sense. But I thought she was referring to Octavia's followers because Miller and his soldiers had the guns... Guess I have to watch again! And maybe I'm just hoping Niylah isn't totally Team Blodreina because I don't want her to be. It's disconcerting how some of the "good guys" like Niylah and Miller have changed in the past six years.

I agree that Bellamy is seeing the bigger picture this season more so than Clarke. This is a role reversal for them, which is interesting I guess, but it bugs me how Clarke's new perspective is pinned on her becoming a "mama bear." As a mother myself, I understand how one's kids become the highest priority, but being a parent doesn't have to mean that becomes the ONLY priority. Nor does it make a person abandon any other values or principles (I didn't start murdering people left and right after my daughter was born!).

Indra's a mom, and she cares deeply about Gaia, but she cares about other things too, doesn't abandon her values or her awareness of the bigger picture to just protect her daughter. And man is she amazing this season!
Thank you for saying that, especially paragraph 2.

I just hate that Clarke's entire personality this season is just about her being a mom now.

Quote:
I mean, I feel like it's a shtick by her though. Maybe she is angry with Clarke/Madi at this point (she did order their deaths after all) but she had to say something there. Otherwise, the people would wonder why they ran.
I get why she did it. She couldn't come off looking weak or they would completely abandon her as leader, but I just... I'm just so angry. I cant have her be the focus next season or I will lose it. In fact, I might not even watch next season and just binge all the episodes at the end of the season or something.