View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 08:23 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I just was FURIOUS with her at the end when she was spitting all that crap about Madi abandoning them. Like, SEETHING. i've never been so angry with a character on this show. Not even Pike. Like, its that bad. In fact, I cant remember when I've been so angry with a character on tv period.

Marie is doing an amazing job and I love Marie, but its the way she growls everything out, like she has such distain for everyone. It makes my skin crawl.
I mean, I feel like it's a shtick by her though. Maybe she is angry with Clarke/Madi at this point (she did order their deaths after all) but she had to say something there. Otherwise, the people would wonder why they ran. Pike was still the worst though, IMO.

Marie is amazing but yeah, I'm not a fan of that growling tone (especially paired with the thick makeup) ... but if it's supposed to be ominous and telling of the physical and mental change in Octavia, I guess that does the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)

I agree that Bellamy is seeing the bigger picture this season more so than Clarke. This is a role reversal for them, which is interesting I guess, but it bugs me how Clarke's new perspective is pinned on her becoming a "mama bear." As a mother myself, I understand how one's kids become the highest priority, but being a parent doesn't have to mean that becomes the ONLY priority. Nor does it make a person abandon any other values or principles (I didn't start murdering people left and right after my daughter was born!).

Indra's a mom, and she cares deeply about Gaia, but she cares about other things too, doesn't abandon her values or her awareness of the bigger picture to just protect her daughter. And man is she amazing this season!
Quite true, I mean I can understand it to some extent but to just completely ignore everyone else and focus on that one person's safety and happiness at the expense of your own values/principles, it seems like a tad too extreme. I really don't like her trigger-happy ways this season, even if I connected more to Clarke this season (compared to the last two).

Good point about Indra and her as a mother ... Indra has been simply amazing this season. I used to dislike her a LOT in season 2 but I've grown to love her over the course of the seasons. Of course, it can be argued that Clarke only had Madi whereas Gaia was never truly that close to Indra (it seems) and Indra has other priorities both on the Ground and in the bunker, apart from her role as a mother.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit