View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 07:59 AM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
You don't have to agree but fans have a right to be angry with Bellamy if they want to.
Of course they do, Im not saying they don't. I just think they are being especially harsh on Bellamy for this one when I personally feel like he made the best decision for the entire group, not just a few specific people. Of course people are going to like and dislike everyones choices and have their reasons, but in this case, I've seen more people being harsh with Bellamy than with Clarke, so I just find it annoying.

Quote:
Nice post, Alexa. That poster makes some great points even if I still overall understand the motives of both Bellamy and Clarke.

I hope the last four episodes erase some of the puzzling, shocking, annoying stuff that went on in this last episode. I might be naive but I still have faith.
Thanks Michelle . We can chat more over on the Everwood board of course. I think its great you still have faith. I haven't completely given up on them yet. But I have major issues with the writing so for now, unfortunately I think I'm done with them...

Quote:
I skimmed it, because . . . paragraphs are needed.
You shouldn't. Because there are a lot of good points in there.

And the reason it was one big paragraph FYI is because it was a youtube comment and I just copy and pasted it. But honestly, its not that long???

I'm sorry but I'd still call Clarke selfish. Just because shes doing something for someone else doesnt make it not selfish.

No one is naive to think the last episodes wont shake everything up and turn things around. I just think, it doesn't matter what they do at this point, its gonna feel stupid. Ive been saying it all season too, not just now after this one. I cant stand the constant back and forth between the characters. You cant keep up with who is upset with who from week to week. I just wish there was more consistency with alliances and friendships etc.

Quote:
I think Bellamy's actions in this episode were a little problematic because you can argue that Madi is just too young to make this choice for herself, but on the other hand I think he did make an effort to clearly explain to her what the stakes are. Like I was feeling pretty squicky about it until Bellamy told her upfront that Clarke disapproved. That's about as reasonable as I think he could be in this situation. He's trying to save hundreds of lives here, so I'm not gonna be furious about it.
If I felt like Bellamy manipulated Madi into it, I'd be more angry with him, but I genuinely think he was doing it to not just help everyone but also Clarke herself. And he told Madi that she didnt approve, and she still made that decision. I know shes young, but like others said, she was the same age as Lexa. So, I think she's smart enough to understand what was at stake.

Madi is a fighter, she refused to bow down during the fight with Ethan. I think she will be great in this role.

Quote:
But I gotta say that it bugs me to read that one super long thing Alexa quoted and see this repeated claim that Bellamy poisoned Octavia to save Clarke. I've seen that idea a lot in the last few weeks and I think it's off. Yes, saving Clarke was certainly part of why he did it, but he's still primarily doing it all to stop the whole war. Their plan to murder Kara didn't work and Octavia was still about to release the worms on the valley, so he took the next most desperate measure he could short of killing Octavia. It's not all about Clarke.
People like to say that he did it only for Clarke, which is absolutely not true. I do think part of it was to help her, of course, because he only went through with it after Clarke had been arrested. But i think he would have done it for anyone he was close to too. And he was seeing how far Octavia was going. Not to mention she threatened to throw him in the pit too.

Quote:
I feel like there must have been an episode or something where Murphy bonded with Abby, but I can't remember what it was. Which says something, I think. Like it obviously doesn't take any effort to remember why Clarke and Abby are important to each other, but what happened with Murphy and Abby?
All I ever remember of their interaction was that one episode where he stole medicine for Luna's family, right? But like... there wasnt all that much Abby/Murphy interaction. And Murphy hasnt really been a character to care that much about others. I love him, but its true. I mean, he does care about the select few.... but I guess they are trying to show how much he's grown.

Maybe the Clarke/Abby bonding will happen in the last half. I am dead curious to find out what the hell she could possibly have to say to her.

I dont put a lot of stock into what Eliza says, tbh.

Quote:
It also doesn't help that no one is really talking about anything, so it's hard to really get into their heads at times.
I cant stand the lack of communication Sarah. Like, if we finish the season and characters haven't spoken about certain things then... I just dont know. Im gonna be even more frustrated. Its all action and we need actual conversations and scenes! There have been a few, but rare.

I just hope the bad decision making is over. Isn't the next episode the dark year one, or is it 11? Is that one going to be purely the bunker like 502?