View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 03:53 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Definitely .

I agree that Andy matured too. He was not perfect either. He had a lot of issues in the beginning of the series when it comes to him being a dad. Sure he was great surgeon and doctor, but he was rather lacking in the father department.
I feel like at the end of season 3 when Madisongate exploded it was a turning point for Andy. Even though I will always firmly believe Andy was put in a horrible place (and tried to stop the relationship from happening in the first place) he should have handled the situation better. It was eating away at him (literally, aka ulcer) keeping it from Ephram. When it all finally came out, it was like he could breathe again, he was relieved. In tarot, the Death Card is about conclusions/closed chapters and boy NYC was certainly a Death Card scenario for Andy/Ephram. The beginning of season 4 was the card called The Fool. New Beginnings. He kept Julia's affair from Ephram, he kept Madison's pregnancy for Ephram. Those burdens were gone and you just knew there was no way on the planet he was ever putting himself in that position again.

Quote:
Honestly I don't have that much issues with Hannah as a character.
Overall, I didn't care either. However, admittedly, I didn't like the slight Mary Sue aspect of the character. I also disliked how much time she spent at the Abbott's because all I thought about was how that should have been Laynie instead. We should have received a Laynie that was over her depression and sadness, looking brightly at the future, embracing her friendship with Amy, maybe even giving us a Bright/Laynie romantic pairing which would have made more sense than Bright/Hannah.

Quote:
I don't care if Rina changed the idea behind Hannah or added something from her in Hannah. My issues were more about the fact that Hannah was too central and focused and that was not needed. If we had less Hannah even like that it would have been tolerable. Also Hannah/Bright did not make sense. I think that Bright could have had better evolution as a character without Hannah.
I just found the entire Bright/Hannah relationship unrealistic not only in general but even when you insert it into Everwood... which is why I have an issue with Rina bringing on this storyline. She wanted to fantasize about her childhood yet didn't really stop to think about if this storyline was would fit nicely on Everwood. It really didn't. We spent so much time on so many Bright/Hannah scenes only to have the cheating in the end. All that precious time really annoys me. It should have been spent on other characters, pairings, storylines that were actually going somewhere instead.

Quote:
Honestly I would not have been interested in watching a character being obsessed in Amy. I would not have found it realistic either.
Excellent point. That is true. It would have been rather soap opera almost like Psycho Derek from OTH which was not Everwood's style.

Quote:
The writers just forced on us Hannah and it did not feel authentic at all. Amy and Hannah became besties with just two episodes. Bright became interested in Hannah in few episodes too. It was not realistic considering their differences. Those two relationships did not have good evolution or buildup.
Exactly.

Quote:
Add to this the fact that we have seen Laynie/Amy friendship and we were able to compare to Amy/Hannah and it was like a night and a day. Honestly for me the biggest mistake they did is forcing on us Hannah. If they had toned down Hannah's scenes and make her less important than she was, we would not have that much issues with her. As it is, we had to watch needless scenes with her and we did not care about her enough to find those interesting.
100% agree.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-06-2018 at 12:36 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote