View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 08:36 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
The best in the show .

I agree with all of this. Definitely when Berlanti was back in Season 4 you could sense the difference right away.
You really could. The Andy/Ephram and Ephram/Amy scenes are just so classic Berlanti.

Quote:
Yeah, it was great on both sides. Andy gave Ephram some great advice and vice versa.
It was such great evolution. Season 1, they were so messed up. Season 2, they were better but still with their issues. Season 3, they were okay but it was always the calm before the storm due to Madisongate. Everything blew up at the end of season only for them to pick up the pieces (pieces not just due to Madisongate, residual pieces from NYC, seasons 1-3 as a whole too) and they just found a way to make it to the finish line together. We talk about Ephram maturing beautifully during this time period. Actually, Andy matured as well. They both matured and grew both individually and as a father/son dynamic. It was a pleasure to watch it transpire. You really felt a payoff in season 4.

Quote:
Most probably this is why some people prefer Season 4 over 3. You could tell that the usual Everwood magic was lacking in Season 3. Sucks that Berlanti was not that involved with the show during Season 3. I am sure that if he was, we would have gotten better storylines and scenes.
Definitely. I'm not sure why he stepped back some. He knew what happened when Kevin Williamson left Dawson's Creek at the end of season 2. He understood how much the show changed. Luckily he didn't completely leave in season 3 but he stepped back a bit and let Rina take charge overall while kind of overseeing what was going on. Still, his magic was lost in season 3. I don't think he would have ever constructed Hannah like Rina did, or Bright and Hannah for that matter. Hannah was initially meant to be a single white female character obsessed with Amy. This is just speculation but I will bet that was Berlanti's vision for Hannah. But when he stepped back and gave Rina the leadership role, they decided to change things up and Rina included some of her childhood into Hannah and that's the Hannah and Bright/Hannah we received.

Quote:
I saw Rookie Blue one day while I was visitting my parents. I started watching Rookie Blue but soon I got bored . Around that time I had watched Revenge. I liked Emily but the show as a whole did not work completely for me. Meaning that I could not watch and I would still be OK. So I found out that both Greg and Emily are in Everwood and decided to check this show. I binge watched it and I finished it for 3 weeks or something like that.

At that time it was winter and I had an accident on the stupid ice so my right hand (which is my dominant) basically was unusable for a week. I had nothing else to do but watch the show .

I joined the board when I was in the end of 3rd/beginning of 4th season. I did lurk in the board from the moment I started watching the show though. I just needed some time to join it and make myself known.
That's great. It was meant to be.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote