View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 12:09 PM
April7739
Fan Forum Hero

Well, let’s call a stone a stone here, too: Obviously people who aren’t a fan of Echo or Bellamy’s relationship with her aren’t going to love that he stood up for her. I mean, I get it, and I think it’s in character, and I am glad that he is a good boyfriend, but I don’t like the person he’s standing up for. And I would have rather he stood up for himself. So yeah, the context of the scene was not great for me. But like I said, it was a prelude to 5x08, which is where he REALLY stood up to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJoyful (View Post)
I actually have to agree with Kate here Sonja.

It's not really about Bellamy defending his girlfriend. It's the fact that Octavia was the victim of her multiple times, and he brushes off the fact that she's still upset. Bellamy has plenty of reasons to confront Octavia about her past behavior over the years, but this is something she actually has a right to be mad about.

He states that it took him 3 years to forgive Echo up in space, but insists that Octavia should let it go immediately.

I'm not saying that Octavia should have banished her, but all of her concerns regarding Echo during their fight were very valid. She doesn't know this new Echo so she has no reason to trust her.
Yes, this, absolutely. For all the issues I’ve had with Octavia this season (and there have been many), her resentment towards Echo is not something I can fault her for. I would understand if she never forgives her, tbh. And it took Bellamy three years. Octavia had a matter of hours to adjust to it. I may not be able to empathize with Octavia about much this season, but I can empathize with her about that.
ICON