View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 11:06 AM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Honestly, you are not really that weird and different with this ranking. There's A LOT of people who rank 1 and 4 first and in that order. Some people believe season 4 had season 1-like quality. I actually think season 4 at its best was absolutely a lot like season 1. Plus, like you said, maturity was a key in season 4. I LOVED Ephram so much in season 4. I think I loved Ephram the most in season 4. He matured so much and was just so chill and at peace.
I completely agree that Season 4 Ephram was the best. Maybe this is one of the reasons I rank Season 4 so high .

Quote:
He wanted Amy back and that was basically his "anxiety" of the season but he got there and it all worked out.
This is true but for me who is not totally EA fan I loved that in Season 4 both Amy and Ephram were mature enough to know why they want to be back together. Also I loved the library scene and the Postcards one. It was so natural. Emily and Greg did an awesome job. This is what I wanted from Season 3 but I did not get.

Quote:
I loved the father/son moments in season 4. It was like we were seeing the payoff given everything Andy/Ephram had been through before this final season.
Agree . I loved how the Ephram/Andy dynamic had changed from Season 1. It was no longer volatile. There was no drama or pissing off contests. Ephram accepted Andy as his father and was willing to take his advice. Andy finally saw that Epgram sometimes have important things to say to him and he learnt to take an advice from him too. Loved them the most in Season 4.

Quote:
I loved all the Ephram/Amy moments in season 3 but I agree there was something about season 3 that felt different. I really do believe it was because Rina was in control and she plastered Hannah on the screen in a blunt way.
Most probably because for me Season 3 lacked the usual magic Everwood had and especially Amy/Ephram.

Quote:
Whether you liked or disliked Hannah, you were going to see a lot of her! Totally agree about the Hannah/Amy friendship too. EVC shined in season 2 with the depression storyline and there was a lot of quality in that season overall.
Oh hell yeah the quality of Season 2 is way better than Season 3. I did not find the story lines that compelling but the acting was top notch. And while Emily did great in her depression arc watching her was depressing. I mean she was that good but in the end Season 2 was too depressing for me .