View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 10:36 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
As usual I will be the weird one and rank them differently compared to others .

So for me the seasons are:
  1. Season 1
    I think we all agree on the fact that Season 1 is the best. I loved the introduction of all of the characters and watching them getting to know each other.
  2. Season 4
    I love this season because the characters had matured and had changed for the better which for me was the main focus of Everwood after all. They all learnt important lessons and you kind of see the results for that in Season 4.
  3. Season 2
    Between Season 2 and 3 I like more Season 2. Emily did awesome job with her depression arc and there were some (while just few) awesome moments between Ephram and Amy.
  4. Season 3
    In theory this had to be a better season. Amy and Ephram were together and we could have gotten far better stories for them but we did not. I found them the most boring in this season. On top of this add Hannah that just did not fit in Everwood's storyline or Bright/Hannah who for me were not realistic. And let's not forget how we were forced to find Hannah/Amy as friends as cool when this was just not authentic.
Honestly, you are not really that weird and different with this ranking. There's A LOT of people who rank 1 and 4 first and in that order. Some people believe season 4 had season 1-like quality. I actually think season 4 at its best was absolutely a lot like season 1. Plus, like you said, maturity was a key in season 4. I LOVED Ephram so much in season 4. I think I loved Ephram the most in season 4. He matured so much and was just so chill and at peace. He wanted Amy back and that was basically his "anxiety" of the season but he got there and it all worked out. I loved the father/son moments in season 4. It was like we were seeing the payoff given everything Andy/Ephram had been through before this final season. I loved all the Ephram/Amy moments in season 3 but I agree there was something about season 3 that felt different. I really do believe it was because Rina was in control and she plastered Hannah on the screen in a blunt way. Whether you liked or disliked Hannah, you were going to see a lot of her! Totally agree about the Hannah/Amy friendship too. EVC shined in season 2 with the depression storyline and there was a lot of quality in that season overall.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote