View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 03:49 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

That's one of my favorite Ces/Lu scenes from season 1, Arinna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
Hi Alex! You're right, Ces can murder etc without guilt cause he doesn't love those people. He's a sociopath, so he's able to switch off any empathy he might feel. When Micheletto kills the girl as Ces ordered in s1e2: "poor girl" Ces says with a smirk and zero empathy or guilt. But with people he loves, he feels empathy and is unable to switch it off. So he feels guilt/shame when he thinks he's hurt them. The only guilt he felt over Juan's death was for the pain it caused his father. But he loved Lu above all, so he was willing to hurt anyone for her. "Whoever gets in the way of your happiness will meet my wrath" - he wasn't kidding.
Wow, you think Ces is a sociopath? I never really went that far, I just thought he was like Michael Corleone in The Godfather, everything he did was for the good of the family, and later for himself and his sister. And I think that Ces had sympathy for Ursula after King Charles' men killed her when the sacked the nunnery, so yeah, when it comes to people he cares about he has great empathy, but he can switch it off when it comes to other people. But to Ces' credit, he did tell his men at the siege of Forli not to attack any civilians and that he didn't want a massacre, obviously remembering what King Charles' army did in season one. I couldn't believe it when Mich said he killed infants, though. I could never imagine doing that.

Yeah, Cesare does provoke Lu, and he always flirts with crossing the line with her only to pull back at the last moment, but I don't think he ever imagined that Lu would get tired of that and take matters into her own hands, seducing him instead. You can only tease that girl for so long before she attacks.