View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 11:27 PM
SouthernSweetieTX
Master Fan

last few posts from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Meanwhile I'm in house-selling hell. Ugh. I hate everything about it. And I'm still so conflicted about selling it. My aunt left it to me because she wanted me to always have somewhere to live. I don't really want to live in that house though. But I feel like I'm betraying her. The real estate agent is showing it tomorrow (the first one) and I feel torn about having strangers in my aunt's house. She would HATE that. I kind of want to go over there during the showing. But I also kind of DON'T want to be there. Does that make sense?

Anyway .... you guys were talking about Robert Pattinson, yes? I like him too. I've still not seen the elephant movie. I'm afraid it's going to be too hard seeing the elephant mistreated.

It feels like I've had a crush on Jason Bateman my whole life. lol Except I saw him on "Punk'D" several years back and he came off kind of a jerk, so it turned me off personally but I still love his work. I saw him on Stephen Colbert's show recently and I think maybe he just has a caustic personalty.

By the way, I think I might've mentioned this before but he was in a terrific thriller a couple years back, called The Gift. (It's not the one with Cate Blanchett or the one with Cameron Diaz.) Amanda, I think you'd like it if you haven't seen it yet. But I think it might be a little too creepy for you, KiKi. lol

Oh and I LOVED him in Pete Berg's movie, The Kingdom.

I'm the lone wolf again. I started Game Night but didn't care for it so I never finished it. I think my expectations might've been too high.

I saw Solo. Yes, yes, I know I'm the only sci-fi fan around here. lol If you're going to a Star Wars film, don't bother with this one. I was bored through most of it.

Here's the trailer for The Gift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
The kids and I think Solo is a no go too. We don't even want to see it. I'm sure we will eventually just to say we did. But, we are in no hurry.

Your aunt would want you to be happy and comfortable where you are living. If you can take the money from the sale and buy something else, she would be okay with that I am sure. She justed wanted to make sure you were taken care of. I understand the memories and emotions make it hard. For all the fond memories you have, you are blessing a new family to make their own memories in that house now. You can take comfort in knowing they will now care for and love that house the way your aunt wanted for it to be loved. Make your peace with it and move on with the memories in your heart.

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 06-02-2018 at 11:28 PM Reason: added to post