View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 07:02 PM
kerbear28
Fan Forum Hero

Phew! Went out to dinner with some friends after work, so I started my rewatch a little late. Here we go...

Round 1 of my random thoughts:

- "You loved Francis. I've known you for days, and nothing is clearer." Ah Don Carlos, you were off to such a promising start. So perceptive and charming.
- "As long as I am in power, you will have an ally in France." And we go straight to Matherine.
- He's not Francis.
- Ha! They can't even vote on when to take a vote. That's government for you.
- Catherine is so sassy with the privy council and I love it!
- And now Catcisse flirting. Oh, Narcisse, you know you didn't regret that "mistake" for a second. Wow, offering him the position of Lord Chancelor is a big step... I guess it's worth the risk in order to secure the regency.
- Christophe lurking in the shadows. So many signs pointed to him being a creep. He is hot, though...
- "It's amazing how you take me without any care for my station." YES, yes it is, Catherine. And it a giant red flag!!!! Yet... it's still hot.
- Mary and Gideon off to a rocky start.
- "My God, you are quite beautiful. Between you and Elizabeth, I don't know who is the more stunning." Smooth, Gideon. Real smooth. I have to agree with you, though.
- "And by all means, quote me on that." Nicely done, Queen.
- And a little blackmail sends Don Carlos packing. Poor Mary is so confused. I suppose he's right, though... she's not really ready for another man's love.
- Eww Bash and Delphine in bed.
- "I lost my brother, my friend, and my king all at once. I don't need to be told how that feels." I appreciated this moment. This was the closest we came to really seeing Bash mourn Francis.
- Another crime scene. Ick.
- Francis' organs. Such a gross tradition, though.
- Mary being comforted by her ladies.
- Oh, Lola. She doesn't know that Narcisse has already broken the vow he made to her. And he has the nerve to act all hurt and insulted because she doesn't trust him around Catherine. On the other hand, if Lola knew her husband at all she would know that he could NEVER give up the opportunity for more power.