View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 06:20 AM
daggerrose
Extreme Fan

Yes about Cody!! He was a total coward. All he wanted was someone to kill for him, do justice for him. But he would never do it himself. He'd rather let someone take the fall for him. So he was also crazy. You're right, it was unsettling to see Justin so angry and snappy at Brian.

I agree with you about Brian. It did get me more than Vic's death as well. I guess because Vic was older and maybe it was because he was living on borrowed time of sorts. As shocking as it was, it felt like it fit. But Brian getting sick knocked me for a loop. It's like Vic said to him in the Babylon Heaven/Dreamland, he's become everything he feared or hated, old and diseased. And you could tell that he was actually really scared. And seeing him like that is what gets me.

Vic's funeral was so sad. Honestly whenever Michael cries, it breaks my heart. And I felt so bad for Debbie. She was putting off her grieving. And then with the Christmas party thing, she went a bit crazy. But you know why she's doing it, she's desperately trying to relieve her guilt. And it takes Carl to finally get through to her. That was such a sweet scene. I just wanted to hug her!!

Brian--as I said, it completely kills me to see him like that, scared and freaked out. But of course, he insists on doing everything alone and refuses to tell anyone. Which makes me mad because it would help him to have someone be there for him. People around him, or at least Justin, can see that something is wrong. The first time I watched, I was convinced throughout the entire episode that he was going to be an idiot and actually disappear to Ibiza and attempt to party until he dropped like he said. But you finally realize that for all his talk about dying young and going out in a blaze of glory, he doesn't really want to die. Seeing him vulnerable is so weird and unnerving. And I hated when he snapped on Justin, it made me sad.

I'm not shocked that Brian tries to go on normally when he's clearly so weak and tired. And still won't tell anyone. Makes it even sadder when Michael and Justin find out and they can see him trying to keep up the facade. One of the sweetest but also kind of heart-breaking scenes is when Justin is helping Brian get into bed and then just lies there and holds on to him. It's so sad and sweet.

It's also funny how when Michael breaks down and tells Brian he knows, Brian just comforts him. But Justin? He gets insane and launches him out of the loft. I think it's a cross between him not wanting Justin to pity him and maybe being embarrassed I guess? That he's not the "superhero" Justin thinks he is.