View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 06:21 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

I think we did something like that during Easter, when there was a picture of Jesus being taken off the cross and people would line up to kiss the wounds on his hands, feet, and head. But I don't remember anything like you describe. But I do recognize that monstrance you posted. I guess the Greek/Orthodox stuff is similar to the Ukrainian stuff. Thank you for explaining the traditions for me. I probably did have the Assumption of Mary and just didn't know it.

I agree, I think my dad did me a disservice in many ways, not just that, Nina. He got married and had me and my sister when he was very young, so he was a bit immature about a lot of things. I really wish I had learned those things when I was young because being bilingual is always an advantage, but my dad cared more about his own insecurities. And you don't have to apologize for forgetting I had a sister, Nina. It happens. We have a lot of discussions on FF and things can slip one's mind.