View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 05:39 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Arinna! Thanks! You too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I'm off on american holidays cause I work for an american company and there's no point of us being here when the US workers are not in, we depend on some of them quite often... so
Hi, May! That's lucky for you. You should get off because there's no reason to come in to a place that's gonna be nearly empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
From 1954 to 1990, 17 June was an official holiday in the Federal Republic of Germany to commemorate the Uprising of 1953 in East Germany. Since 1963, it was proclaimed by the President of the Federal Republic as "National Day of Memorial of the German People". There are streets named after the date.

Okay, I'm sorry now but as a good Catholic you should know that The Feast of Corpus Christi (Latin for "Body of Christ") is celebrating the real presence of the body and blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, in the Eucharist—known as transubstantiation. Always on the Thursday after Trinity Sunday. A public holiday in many countries/regions in Europe.

Also Assumption Day as in the Assumption of Mary... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assumption_of_Mary – that's a public holiday in normal person land.

And thus endeth my teachable moment. Or how else will you ever win at trivia?
Hi, Nina! Thanks for all that!

Sorry, the church I went to was a Ukrainian church, Nina. Everything was almost always spoken in Ukrainian and written in Cyrillic, so I didn't hear much about The Feast of Corpus Christi, even at the masses that were in English. My dad didn't want me or my sister to be able to communicate in a language he couldn't understand, which is why I never learned Ukrainian or Cyrillic... well, because that's who my dad was. Also, my church may have been technically affiliated with the Catholic church, but they were given dispensation from the Vatican to keep their Orthodox traditions, so the stuff we did wasn't quite the same as in other Catholic churches.