View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 06:25 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
The thing is, it’s actually a lot more realistic to me than Clarke/Lexa was, because at least it did take three years for him to forgive her. (I always felt that Clarke’s forgiveness of Lexa, though something that actually spoke to the depth of Clarke’s character, was too rushed, but I blame the writers for that, not the characters.)

It’s a tricky situation, though, because we probably needed to SEE how he got to that point with her, yet most fans don’t WANT to see how he got to that point with her. It does seem to be a plot device to me, too, to further the Blakes divide, and to keep Bellamy and Clarke apart. Because honestly, if he wasn’t in a relationship with someone else, I don’t know how they could prolong the Bellarke build up in a reasonable way. They’re SO IN LOVE with each other, and Clarke in particular is teetering right on the edge of realizing it, I feel. But now she’s going to bury that, so we’ll get Bellarke angst. Which I’m not entirely opposed to. While I’m not at all a Becho fan (and let’s be honest here, I feel like few people truly are), if it can push Bellarke forward in some way, then I’ll tolerate it.
ITA, as hard as it is for me to swallow, it makes more sense to me too ... also, they were stuck in space for 6 years. He had to come to terms with her and what she did and eventually came to forgive her (and more).

Yeah, I'm not particularly rooting to see it either. And same, as it's clear that it's a relationship which was set up to create angst with the two most important people in Bellamy's life and will likely propel the Bellarke relationship forward, I'm fine with it (though I'm still annoyed ).

I don't agree though with people who side with Octavia now just because they're happy that she is super unhappy with the Becho development. That's just childish.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit