View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 08:52 PM
bscgirl99
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
This is the opportunity to wrap their story up beautifully (even if I do think that his death was handled sensitively, they skipped over Jane coping with his death after the initial grief and were all, okay let's move on to the next phase of Jane's story ) and I hope that they don't waste it.

Honestly, if the only reason Michael is being brought back is to somehow validate JR as endgame, I would rather him not being brought back at all. And this is coming from a person who used to ship JR (and not JM) ... but I eventually fell for JM hard and never looked back.
Exactly. They have another chance to do this story and it shouldn't be wasted.

While I'll give the show credit for honoring Michael/his memory more than I initially thought, it won't make up for the sloppy way it was handled. They skipped ahead three years and viewers were expected to cope and go along with it in just merely a week's time. I quit watching a few episodes before Michael died, after news of it came out, but from what I saw/heard after his death, it was like an entirely new show. I get that they wanted to not have the show shrouded in darkness, but if they didn't want that, why kill anyone at all?

I liked JR enough in season 1, but was always drawn much more to JM and permanently chose them around the same time Jane first chose Michael in 2x04. They were a relatable couple, each other's best friends, and over the course of the show, developed a kind of relationship that you don't see on TV too often. One that's healthy and happy and doesn't need drama to make it interesting. I thought the route the show took regarding who Jane chose was a natural one. I'm not liking the idea of the show undoing Jane's choice so to speak (if that's indeed what happens). If this is their plan, I agree that Michael shouldn't have been brought back at all. Sure, he would be alive, but is that enough for a happier ending for him? He's supposed to love Jane and believe in them until he dies and that hasn't happened yet now, so what, he ends up alone at the end, pining for Jane from afar while she lives out the life she was once having with him, with someone else? Honestly, death sounds like the better option.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine

Last edited by bscgirl99; 05-28-2018 at 10:37 PM