View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 03:48 PM
FoxPhile
Fan Forum Hero

I couldn't do the audio books either for a long time. A LOT depends on the reader. If I think the reader's voice will annoy me or is just otherwise not pleasant, I won't go there.

I actually got started with audiobooks because I used to sleep with the TV on all night. I would literally wake up if it went off for some reason, and if I was visiting with someone and couldn't have the TV on - I couldn't sleep at all. I didn't like the fact that I had this big, hot electricity suck going all night long, though - back in the days before LCD TVs. When I got my first Kindle to read books on, it had the Audible app and I realized I could run the Kindle all night with an audio book for way less juice than the TV used. I actually listen to about an hour of a book each night before I fall asleep, and I have to reset the book to where I fell asleep a lot, but it works great. I listen to the books a lot while I'm doing housework, or other stuff, too. It's really great for when I'm knitting or something else that I need my hands for.

~Heidi