View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 10:23 AM
Jen's Herald
Fan Forum Star

the first Divergent was really well received by both film goers and book fans, though it did change quite a few things from the source material. the problem was that Insurgent so drastically changed a lot of Tris's Divergent abilities/qualities from the book, that book readers didn't support it, though i did go to all three films in the theater. i am very much a huge fan of the Divergent and Insurgent novels, not so much of the convoluted, confusing pov, and ultimately shocking and demoralizing Allegiant third novel, which i pretty much refuse to read ever again.

i really liked the Divergent film, even with the changes from the book, and i still like some parts of the Insurgent film, though it veered way off the book. in hindsight of the final Allegiant Part 2 film probably never being made, i can deal with how the Allegiant film ends, as it does not have that horrible ending from the disastrous third novel. i actually really liked the Allegiant film, tbh, but am still saddened and angry that lionsgate pulled the plug on the last film.

once Fourtris and the rest of the movie cast pretty much declined to be in the proposed Allegiant tv series, it all went south, and nothing is said by lionsgate nearly two years later. smh.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave