View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 02:29 PM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
the kiss scene at the end of S4 was pretty gratuitous/unnecessary to me and I could've done without it

Wow, I never thought of it that way I saw it as the writers making DJo realize that they had unresolved feelings for each other, and the possibility of that being taken away after high school made them finally act on it. Remember, Gretchen had told Dawson "you're still chasing after Joey, literally and metaphorically."

Quote:
What do the rest of you guys think?

Swan Song, because it was majorly important for Joey confessing her undying love for Dawson, whereas Coda was slightly more rushed post-Graduation although it made sense for them to say goodbye that way.

Quote:
I don't remember a Dawson/Joey romance being built up too much in S5 but then again I haven't re-watched it in a while

Believe me, it was definitely built up in Season 5 Pacey even tells Joey "you guys deserve your shot [at being together]" and it all just flows into pace... Until Dawson's dad dies, and Dawson falls into grief. Then at the end of the season, he tells his father's gravestone "I wanna be with Joey, I love her." Then they have the great airport love confession and kiss, where everything sets in motion for them to come back together
Skam Italia icon
Gwen