View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 08:58 AM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Exactly. It didn't fit with anything that had come pre-Season 4, only Willow's doppelganger was gay but it's still a different personality and I don't see how that comes into play because evil!Willow detested all men except Vamp Xander. In fact, she was attracted to Angel.

What I hate is that labeling Willow as a lesbian immediately discredits her romance with Oz. And it shouldn't, because that was one of the most important and well-loved relationships ever on BTVS.

Marti Noxon was infuriating on the DVD Special Features when she talked about how Oz turned into a werewolf in front of Tara when he realized she was dating Willow... Noxon basically saying here that she wanted to depict Oz as the domineering male disgusted by the idea of his ex-girlfriend dating a girl, in other words - make him the bad guy so that the audience will root for Tara. I can't handle that level of ill-treatment. Oz was an amazing guy.
Completely agree and I know that people will say that Willow's season 3 vampire doppelganger being attracted to girl was foreshadowing to Willow... which as you mentioned was not true since Vamp!Willow main love was a man in Xander.

No one fault that the writers didn't know how to write it perfectly.

I agree with you.
Willow was very much in love with Oz and it took her a very long time to get over him. She cried when he left and was depressed for a few months. She even lashed out at one time for no one understanding her pain. And I think that's why Tara came in at the first time because Tara did listen to her feelings and they connected through their witch craft.

URG! I never knew about that commentary. I really dislike hearing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥true_crime_beauty64♥ (View Post)
Interesting points. The writers did make a mistake by making Willow's feelings for Oz not matter as much like Tia said by only calling Willow a lesbian after Oz left. I just think that if she had those massive feelings for Oz, then she would be considered bisexual. The only hint of Willow being gay in any way before Tara ever came into the picture was Doppelgangland. So I can see why people would see her change in season 4 being all of a sudden.

I don't see Willow going into a magic addiction when Oz is around and Tara never existed in the series. I'm sorry, I don't see it.

That's what my issue definitely was that Willow labeled herself as a lesbian and had no attraction to men at all anymore.
Bisexual route would have been way better for me.

I don't see the magic addiction with Oz around as well.