View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 03:20 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

SKAM is a television show that Nina watches, Arinna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Oh, it was one of those Gluten-free Amy's Vegetable Pot Pies. They are rather decent for frozen dinners.

Yeah, I mean retail is terrible for time off. My employer is weird – like some of our staff get more of the national holidays off than others. Like all the admin people had Presidents' Day and Emancipation Day off. I know they'll have Memorial Day, Columbus Day and Veterans Day off. In comparison the only holidays that are in my contract are Christmas Day, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, MLK Jr. Day and New Year's. I mean for me personaly apart from Christmas and New Year's that means nothing so I go to the office anyway. Then again – Thurday was Ascencion Day and all my friends from home texted me about their four day weekend. I mean ultimately I cannot request time off because I only have five days of paid leave a year... I guess I could take unpaid leave but not quite there yet.

Watching SKAM France now...
Ohhh, that sounds good. I got Progresso chicken pot pie soup to have tonight.

You said it, Nina. I hate how retail treats workers, but hopefully I can get out of here soon and not have to work retail again. We used to get Easter, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day off. Now we only get Christmas off and that's it.

You only get give days leave a year? That's awful. I'm taking three days for Memorial Day, but I accumulate personal time the hours I work. Paid time off is no longer guaranteed, you have to work for it. Fing Walmart.

Oh, and today is Mother's Day, so Happy Mother's Day to everyone's moms!