View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 12:26 AM
LindaL100
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
I keep wondering why Thanos went for murder and death rather than multiplying the food supply, but I guess you can't use logic with a mad man.
that's what I think too...while I can understand Thanos motivations for wiping out half of the universe in order to restore balance, but I think murdering trillions of innocent people in the universe is the wrong way to solve the problem. When he acquired all the Infinity stones, he literally had all the power in the universe in his hands, he could've used all of that power to create more resources to accommodate everyone in the universe. But instead he turned to mass genocides killing trillions of innocent people who did not deserve to die, which is absolutely cruel and barbaric and I am completely against it. His motive might be understandable, but his method of solving the problem is wrong.
But I heard compared to the comic version of Thanos, this version of Thanos in the MCU is still at least slightly better...I personally haven't read the comics, but I've been told that in the comics Thanos was just this insane evil murderous Titan who committed mass genocide just because he wanted to impress Lady Death. But in the MCU, Thanos is a more deeper and more complex character who actually had a genuine and understandable motive for doing what he did, he actually believes that he's doing the right thing to restore balance in the universe. While in the comics, he was just your typical very one-dimensional villain in the comics, although both versions of Thanos are still crazy madmen, but Thanos was portrayed as more sympathetic and empathetic in the MCU.

Last edited by LindaL100; 05-10-2018 at 12:37 AM