View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 07:03 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Pretty much and the thing is that it wasn't bad that Willow fell in love with Tara but turning her completely lesbian and acting like Willow being with guys was the worst thing was the issue for me.

You are really telling me just because she was with Tara, any attraction she had to guys faded? I felt that storyline ONLY would have worked if during the first 3 seasons we actually saw Willow struggle with her sexuality and trying to fit into relationships with guys but something always felt off to her. That was not the case. Willow was very much crushing pretty hardly on Xander for a lot of her early years and Oz is the one she loved deeply.
Exactly. It didn't fit with anything that had come pre-Season 4, only Willow's doppelganger was gay but it's still a different personality and I don't see how that comes into play because evil!Willow detested all men except Vamp Xander. In fact, she was attracted to Angel.

Quote:
It would have made more sense if Willow was pansexual, if not bisexual, because I agree that she didn't fall for Tara because she was a woman, she fell for her because of who she was & she just happed to be a woman. Until then, she'd never shown any attraction to women

Plus, if Oz had come back sooner before Willow had mostly moved on from him & her feelings for Tara had gotten deeper, then I think she would have happily gotten back together with him & never would have questioned it. It didn't really have anything to do with the fact that Willow had to choose between a man & a woman, it was simply about her feelings & gender didn't really factor into it imo.

I think if this show was on now, it would have been handled differently.

What I hate is that labeling Willow as a lesbian immediately discredits her romance with Oz. And it shouldn't, because that was one of the most important and well-loved relationships ever on BTVS.

Marti Noxon was infuriating on the DVD Special Features when she talked about how Oz turned into a werewolf in front of Tara when he realized she was dating Willow... Noxon basically saying here that she wanted to depict Oz as the domineering male disgusted by the idea of his ex-girlfriend dating a girl, in other words - make him the bad guy so that the audience will root for Tara. I can't handle that level of ill-treatment. Oz was an amazing guy.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen