View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 08:58 AM
ArchangelDave
New Fan

Man, I actually really appreciated Laurie as part of the Forman family. It's such a shame what happened with Lisa Robin Kelly and with Laurie's character after she left the show. Laurie was far from a nice person, but she was at her nicest when it involved her family (other than picking horribly on Eric, obviously). With better writing she could have been a much more compelling character.

Also Red and Kitty are the best couple on the whole show. That's one reason I really like T7S honestly, because it's so rare to find a show about teens where parents are not only central characters but also in a very loving relationship. And it's in no way boring or free of conflict, proving you don't need to have BS romance drama in order to keep things interesting (which is a huge pet peeve of mine with TV shows).

Arguably, I think, T7S is a show about kids from unhappy homes of various degrees (Kelso's parents are together but with all those siblings it seems like he doesn't get much attention, Bob and Midge obviously love Donna but HOOBOY, etc.) who all find the home they need with the Formans, and I think that's really special and says a lot about the Forman family, who are at the same time a very REALISTIC family who fight and don't always see things the same way but very obviously love each other no matter what.

Add me to the list please!