View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 09:41 PM
Hero of Time
Fan Forum Star

This is what she said:

Quote:
Found a home-away-from-home today in LA at the Kasimoff Piano Store in Hollywood. Beginning training for a new role. 🎹
I posted it on the news thread.

Quote:
evangelinelillyofficialWorkin on a Saturdaaaay 🎵 #weloveourlives @hilseycook #antmanandthewasp

Quote:
evangelinelillyofficialJust a normal day at the office...climbing a ladder...so I can straddle it...and have someone take pictures of me doing it. I have a TOTALLY normal job. #what??

Quote:
evangelinelillyofficialWasp stretch
#waspworkout

Quote:
evangelinelillyofficial#waspworkout 🏃🏻*♀️ #pain .
I’m small so often when I’m getting a massage, i have to tell the masseuse to go deeper. “This doesn’t hurt?” They’ll sometimes ask. To which I always reply: “It hurts so good”. .
I have a very comfortable relationship with certain pain. There are pains that I genuinely consider to be pleasure, and others that I don’t enjoy, but that I’m grateful for. Pain and fear are associative feelings. If I can remember to connect certain pain to a positive outcome or meaningful experience, then I stop rejecting it and start really appreciating, sometimes even ENJOYING it.
Giving birth to anything will hurt, friction is necessary for change. I’ve always tried to remember this when challenging my body. When I drag my tired bones out of bed in the dark to go for a run or do some strength exercises, I am choosing discomfort over comfort because I know that it’s the instrument of change. So, then, when the run gets long, or the reps get hard, or my lungs are burning, or my thighs are aching the next day I can LOVE that feeling, knowing that the sacrifice was worth it. The pain tells me change IS happening...that I am morphing! So I love it!
Today, more than ever, I try to remember this in life - this ache, this pain that this country is feeling, is the friction of change. And so I ask myself, “Am I willing to put aside my comfort for growth?” I see it as an act of wisdom and courage to remember that the chaos around us and the pain that it brings is exactly what I want to feel, that it can even be JOYFUL 😱, because it’s an inevitable bi-product of growth. So, bring it on. Let it hurt so good. Let’s get to a better place together. .
(PS - I haven’t had a day off in weeks. I’m exhausted. Sorry if none of this made sense. It made perfect sense in my sleepy brain. 🤤)

Quote:
evangelinelillyofficialWell welcome to the club Helmet Wasp and No Helmet Wasp! #nothumblebrag #popdolls