View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Betsybelle
Master Fan

I appreciate that, CD ,though actually her words were something like "I think you'll really like it"....not love. I can only say what my impressions have been for the last two cons based on hearing her actually speak and comparing it to her comments about other times, like S6 finale. I can't help it - that's the closest comparison I have. I'm not saying the reunion won't be good, that it won't be romantic.....by all accounts it is. I just hoped for more enthusiasm from Em.

Here's more - from today.

Obviously this came from a hater, but…..I really wish Em wouldn’t validate these people so much. I’m not saying she should be rude to them (that’s not her at all), but she doesn’t have to agree with them - or give them tidbits that makes them all giddy because now they have proof (so they believe) that she doesn’t support Rumbelle. Oh and yes, I know Rumbelle isn't real and that that kind of relationship would never work in the real world, but I still think it's feeding the haters.

Quote:
Even though I think Beauty was one of the best episodes of the entire series, Belle didn't have to die. She could have been in HH as well and they would have had one of their TL couples from seasons past. instead they gave us, imo, very unemorable characters and a serial killer story. I know some like this season but I just think it's been bad, what I've seen of it. Although Rumple and Robert have been superb. I do love his journey and how he is handling things so much differently than before.
The problem with her being in HH is that they would have had to separate Rumbelle in some been there/done that way. That said, they COULD have been creative. My biggest issue with this story is really that they dumped Em, who wanted to be back. Em was "fired" because of Rumple needing an arc; as much as I love his arc and that Belle has been present ,I can't say I disagree with those who are angry that she's being treated pretty much as an object, that her only purpose is to be someone for Rumple to love and to be motivated by. I'm not being overly emotional when I say this, it's just how I feel.

Quote:
But it's really no wonder if Emilie isn't enthusiastic about the show. It's very hard seeing all this goodbye stuff and knowing she's not there. Such a slap in the face to her and her fans.
Yes, I agree. She SHOULD have been a part of S7, she deserved it. Newbie actors are getting the farewell tour, and Em gets nothing; she's even been ignored by the conventions. She put in 6 years of her life to this show, gave her heart and soul, and it's like she doesn't exist.

Quote:
But I don't think that means that we won't get a good reunion. Emilie and alot of the actors sometimes don't see things the way we do or alot of us do. I remember recently seeing her in an interview and getting the impression she wasn't crazy about the Lost finale. I personally thought it was one of the best finales ever with great closure for everyone.

So I wouldn't take her saying she probably wouldn't have written it that way to mean we won't like it.

I personally think we're getting a reunion with them. But maybe it's that Emilie didn't really have much to say or do? Maybe they just show her for a moment or something. Very disappointing, I admit, but not really surprising with this show.
Well actually she has mixed feelings about the LOST finale...but, that's for another time. I still think she was referring to the entire finale (ONCE) and not Rumbelle reunion, but her tweet that I posted below seems rather blah and perfunctory. I've listened to several of her clips, etc. and I just sense that she's fine with the reunion, but not like she thinks it's anything special. Of course, it could be that she has completely disconnected from the show and, therefore, isn't really invested in the reunion. She's clearly not watching S7 - she doesn't even know what it's about, lol.

Quote:
But I wouldn't lose heart, Betsy. She's also said we should love some other stuff that I really didn't love all that much, lol, so sometimes she may not have the same point of view we do.

Remember when it was announced she was coming back she was very enthusiastic and she would have had to have had the script then. And she used the hashtag "Rumbelle forever." So I do think it's going to be a great reunion.
She did, but....., I don't know, to me Emilie blows hot and cold. She says one thing one time, another another time. For instance, she'd said several times that she loves Beauty either more or almost as much as Skin Deep, and now SD is "by far" her favorite. One con she said Rumbelle was abusive, another con she got PO'd by haters saying that kinid of thing about Rumbelle....... I'll be honest, I'm sort of glad she's not doing the con circuit; she gives me whiplash, lol