View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 08:32 PM
hshapir2
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, exactly. I think at least the first half was more about Dawson specifically when it came to Pacey's insecurities when it came to Joey and their relationship, but in the second half it was more what he represented and more about Pacey feeling like he wasn't good enough for Joey because of his academic status and future, like you said.

Thanks. I thought some of the earlier episodes of the season that he was worried about his academic status and future like Falling Down and Future Tense

Quote:
Yeah, exactly this. And it was shot in such a way that it was telling you that he felt like he was on the outside looking in, that he didn't belong there with her. I think both he and Joey were hoping that the supposed offer from Worthington would come through and then Pacey's insecurities would go away and they could be together
agree. Joey looked so happy when Kubelic asked her to bring Pacey. I use to have a pic and she had the biggest smile on her face. Pacey told Gretchen that he was hoping he would get into Worthington so he would know if he was meant to be with her

Quote:
Anyway, I don't want to dwell on it Annie myself, it just pissed me off. The main thing is Joey chose Pacey, and I'm just glad that everyone, from Kevin Williamson to JVDB to about 85% of the viewing public, all felt it made the most sense. Joey's love for Pacey was evident, and they absolutely had a special relationship. They could relate to each other in a way Dawson couldn't, and that's from the very first season.
good point

Quote:
Yes, and I said that it was ridiculous when they had him say SHE made him feel nothing. And he did say later in 420 "You deserve better than this place, and you deserve better than me" which is saying that he feels he's not enough for her.
agree. Joey said something when they are sitting on the boat after the screamfest and he's calmed down. She's like "Your breaking up with me because you don't think your good enough for me" like it made no sense to her. I don't remember it word for word

Quote:
And he more specifically said "when I'm with you, I feel like I'm nothing." He was blaming her for his insecurities, saying that she should have been on him about screwing up or not being good enough, which I agree is bull****. Like he NEVER blamed her, not once, in all of their relationship up until that point.

I think he felt so insecure at that point that he felt like she was just too accepting of him not getting into school and messing up with the limo. She accepted him the way he was

Quote:
But what I'm trying to say is that it was still about his insecurities, not feeling like he was enough for her. That she deserved better. And his whole thing about finally breaking up with her for good in Separation Anxiety was because he thought she was thriving among the Worthington people and she should enjoy it, without him because he didn't belong, he thought. (He's totally wrong, but that's what he believed.)
agree. He was afraid he was going to hold her back. In 417, he said she needed to let him go if he was holding her back and she said he's never done that and has to stop thinking like that. He said he got his dream when he looks at her. She didn't make him feel like nothing

Thanks Jaime Bee

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"