View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 07:16 PM
Azaiya
Dedicated Fan

I agree with that to a certain extent. He may not have felt good enough for her, but that's not what he said during the prom, and it's not what he said in Separation Anxiety. During the prom he specifically said she made him feel worthless because she didn't care when he screwed up. In Separation Anxiety he said it wasn't her, it was the fact that he was jealous of her. Both explanations were ridiculous. If he called her on her lies, or even said straight up "I'm feeling insecure because you guys are going to college and I'm not", it would have made more sense. Their breakup was contrived and the reasons were completely out of character. The only thing he ever said that rang true was in The Graduate when he said he needed to be on his own for awhile. He did need to do that. He did need to see that he could be successful without having -- like he said in Four to Tango -- a sexual reward.

Anyway, I don't want to dwell on it anymore myself, it just pissed me off. The main thing is Joey chose Pacey, and I'm just glad that everyone, from Kevin Williamson to JVDB to about 85% of the viewing public, all felt it made the most sense. Joey's love for Pacey was evident, and they absolutely had a special relationship. They could relate to each other in a way Dawson couldn't, and that's from the very first season.

Last edited by Azaiya; 03-31-2018 at 09:01 PM