View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 10:15 PM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

I just finished this book and I have to say, I am a bit disappointed...

I thought the book started out really great, better than book 2 imo, and everything they were doing was really cool and interesting to read. But I hated the lack of Newt. He got sick so early on and we didnt get to see much of him. Then when we did see him again Thomas had to kill him. It was still impactful and it made me sad but it didnt have quite the same effect as the movie did.

Then we get to the ending and it just felt SO RUSHED to me. Like the whole battle part of it happened so fast. He killed Janson so fast, and Teresa's death... wow that was SO rushed. Like literally, it all happened on one page! They skipped over it so freaking quickly and Thomas didnt even seem upset. Then BOOM it was basically the end of the book. And Teresa and Thomas never really got a last moment together or true moment of closure or anything.

I felt the movie was 100x better at conveying all the emotion and dragging things out to feel more complete. The ending of the book in general was a bit lame to me too. Like, the chancellor helped them and then tries to claim that was her back up plan all along? IDK, it just felt kind of tacked on to me, like the author got tired of writing the books and just wanted to bring it to a conclusion. Meh... a bit disappointed tbh. I was obsessed with the first book and the last two just didnt have quite the same kick for me.

Last edited by Alexa; 03-30-2018 at 10:22 PM