View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 06:09 PM
Butterfly85
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaiya (View Post)
I love how in Season 3 they spent time together first by default and then, as season progressed, by choice. I always thought that Pacey's Season 1 attraction Joey never went away, he just fell in love with Andie. But after spending more time with Joey in Season 3 he fell in love with her. I also think after breaking things off wth Jen in FTT he probably thought about what Jen said regarding his overreaction to Dawson and realized his feelings were deepening.

I wonder when it happened for Joey. I think it was so gradual there wasn't a specific moment. However, I always noted the way she looked at him in To Green, With Love when he bought her the wall. As he was saying it was important that she keep growing both as a person and as an artist, Joey had an interesting look on her face. It was almost as if she was thinking she literally couldn't believe how amazing he is. Then, moments later, she says "Just when I think I have you all figured out you go and do something so outrageous that completely challenges me in a way no one else would think of." And then she thanks him, I think not only for being there for her, but also -- like she said in Crime and Punishment -- for being himself. I know if I was Joey that would have been the moment I fell in love with him.
I'm reminded why I love your posts so much, ITA. I don't think Pacey's attraction went away either, it was always there then was re-ignited in S3 when they spent time together. I do think what Jen said to him in FTT made him think more about what was happening that he didn't realize (I love Jen in that episode) I also agree Joey falling for Pacey grew gradually over the course of the season. Just like with Pacey, I feel for Joey it happened in FTT but she didn't realize it. Definitely by the time she said he has to read between the banter she was already gone. S3 was the best season, especially with how they wrote and handled Pacey and Joey's love story. It was realistic and wasn't rushed. It had such great buildup. I also agree I never saw D/J as soulmates (moreso as a family type bond) Pacey was her soulmate and the love of her life. If Dawson was her soulmate then they could of made it work longer for a few weeks like in S2, or after that season a week later. I mean, Dawson never inspired her or made her feel alive like Pacey did. Dawson also assumed the wrong things about Joey many times as well so I never understood how they were soulmates. I agree that the wall part is a great reason to fall in love with Pacey but for me it also would of been when he whooped that guy's ass for ruining her mural. I would be like "You put that hammer down for me? Come here baby..." lol. I just love when guys defend and stick up for women, or people in general. But when it comes to heartfelt moments, that's definitely one of them.

I'm going with 15 this round.