View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 09:46 AM
Azaiya
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
The one thing that stands out to me is Pacey's being Joey's emotional support for season 3. He became everything to her. The one thing in on my mind is, Pacey always liked Joey, even back to season 1. However when Joey rejected the first kiss, I assume he just pushed it away. My question is, When do you think he began falling for Joey in season 3?
I love how in Season 3 they spent time together first by default and then, as season progressed, by choice. I always thought that Pacey's Season 1 attraction to Joey never went away, he just fell in love with Andie. But after spending more time with Joey in Season 3 he fell in love with her. I also think after breaking things off wth Jen in FTT he probably thought about what Jen said regarding his overreaction to Dawson and realized his feelings were deepening.

I wonder when it happened for Joey. I think it was so gradual there wasn't a specific moment. However, I always noted the way she looked at him in To Green, With Love when he bought her the wall. As he was saying it was important that she keep growing both as a person and as an artist, Joey had an interesting look on her face. It was almost as if she was thinking she literally couldn't believe how amazing he is. Then, moments later, she says "Just when I think I have you all figured out you go and do something so outrageous that completely challenges me in a way no one else would think of." And then she thanks him, I think not only for being there for her, but also -- like she said in Crime and Punishment -- for being himself. I know if I was Joey that would have been the moment I fell in love with him.

Last edited by Azaiya; 03-27-2018 at 06:24 PM