View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 10:16 AM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Why do you think you detach?
Because I find the physical world too boring. My thoughts are far more interesting. Everything in the physical world is the same to me. I do not see something so unique to pay attention to it. It's still roads, rocks, trees, ground and water. It's the same colors in different shapes basically. I see it and I forget about it the next moment.

Quote:
I remember being in NYC of all places and felt at times like I was sort of a part of the city in a robotic way... like I took in the city in a detached way so I didn’t have to notice or focus in on the details. I think I had to go there because there was way too much Energy swirling around and the risk was absorbing too much. Introverted and also picking up on and absorbing all that Energy would have been too much. I had to detach but I do remember going to Central Park and just getting lost in the beautiful nature.
The thing with me is I do not find something unique with nature. Everywhere I go it's still the same. I can't sit and just watch the nature. I start thinking about my own stuff and then I do not even remember what I saw.

Quote:
Get me inside a beautiful dark green forest or in front of tranquil water and I’m gone. I have to be alone though to really appreciate it. With others and it's not nearly as awesome.
I see. How would you describe the process of appreciating?