View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 07:32 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Excellent topic question Michelle.

I would have much preferred to have Laynie become a regular character in Season Two and instead of having Madison be Ephram’s first love interest, I would have loved to have seen Laynie be that love interest. I would have liked to have seen Laynie turn to Ephram for solace over the loss of her brother while Amy had her own grief arc away from both of them, because her and Ephram had immediately clicked once they met and Ephram would be one person that would understand what it’s like to lose a family member. As time went on I would have liked to have seen them develop feelings for one another, and that could have served as the catalyst for Amy to snap out of her grief and depression over the loss of Colin as she saw her best friend with the boy she loved but couldn’t admit that she loved.

I could see the end of Season Two playing out with Ephram being torn between his feelings for Laynie and his feelings for Amy, and Amy being torn between her feelings for Ephram and not wanting to hurt her best friend, and then they could have ended it all with Laynie realizing that Ephram’s heart was with Amy and telling Ephram to follow his heart.

I would have liked to have seen Laynie in the subsequent seasons possibly developing feelings for Bright and having Bright and her fall for each other, and that could have completed the circle of the Harts and the Abbotts.

I much preferred Laynie as a best friend for Amy instead of Hannah, because they treated each other as equals and they had a history while Hannah was foisted upon us as Amy’s instant best friend since Laynie was written off the show, and I always felt like Amy treated Hannah as a pet project. I also didn’t like seeing Hannah as a love interest for Bright because they were mismatched and I found Hannah to be a boring and dull character, while Laynie was feisty and exciting, and she could have been an interesting love interest for Bright since they had history and they knew each other well.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy