View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Sonya
Supreme Fan

Nicole Walker (Fear) Appreciation Thread #1: Because she is going to fight!

Welcome to the first Nicole Walker (Fear) Appreciation Thread

Title Fear
Release Date April 12th, 1996
Director
James Foley
Screenwriter Christopher Crowe
Co-Starring Mark Wahlberg, Alyssa Milano, William L. Petersen
Genre Drama, Thriller, Horror
MPAA Rating R

Nicole Walker (Reese Witherspoon) is a 16-year old girl who comes from a good upper-middle-class family. When she and her best friend, Margo (Alyssa Milano), go out to a party one night, Nicole meets the handsome and mysterious David (Mark Wahlberg), who she ends up getting together with. After a couple of weeks, Nicole realises that David is becoming very possessive, jealous and even violent.

Quotables
• "Dad, you're looking at me like you didn't know who I was or something."
• "No dad, you're allowed to do whatever you wanna do. I'm the one who has to ask permission to breathe. Can I go to school now?"
• "Every time I go out with him, I feel like I should be paid for baby-sitting."
• "I'll apologise to her when she apologises to me for calling me a ****."
• "He never has to show off the way other guys do. Then all of a sudden he turns into a monster."
• "This may come as a big shock to you but every move I make does not have to do with you. Turns out I'm living my own life."
• "The fact that you can stand there and act cool and fine, as if nothing ever happened. That's what scares me the most about you."
• "Everybody says one thing and then does another."

Facts
• Reese and Mark Wahlberg dated in real life.

• Reese considers this film her rock-bottom. She thinks that it is misogynistic and over all not a rewarding experience.

Reese said
"I did my horror film and it was not an experience I care to repeat... It had nothing to do with Mark. All that screaming and cowering and being tormented is not fulfilling."

"I think a lot of girls are dealing with these kind of abusive, violent, scary relationships, and I thought it was a really timely piece, addressing an issue that's not really popular in American cinema."

"Fear was the straw that broke my back. That was the period where I wasn't challenging myself. I was taking really boring - I would venture to say even misogynistic - roles. Women who weren't exactly walking intellects."

source

Icon Credit

Last edited by keep the starlight; 04-22-2006 at 12:59 AM