View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Raonaild
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
I understand what you mean by closing and re-starting empty threads, Jerry. Is it to be expected that only six of twenty or so topics on the Delta board survived (only to be closed since they're empty)? I was under the impression the June '05 back up would take us back to the board and threads as they stood in June '05? As things stand now, there's no sign of our News, FAQs, Intro threads etc; only a few random topics with nothing in them. We appear to have lost everything despite the board's longevity.
I had a couple of unattractive choices when restoring the posts: one was to just go with the June 2005 backup. The other was to go with a partial April 2006 backup. I ended up going with the latter because it meant recovering more posts overall, but the partial backup was just that, partial - meaning some things in between were probably going to be lost. I know things are a bit of a mess now, but it shouldn't take us too long to get back to normal. After all, most boards take only a day or two to cycle through all the threads on their first page.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote