View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 02:43 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
When you have a small company, a team of 15 people and relatively low salary you don't question that much the people leaving part. Bosses have always used the excuse that people were leaving because of the low salary. The other thing was up until last year they had no boss on local level so it was easy for them to cover stuff.

Upper management (read Germany) seems to have seen enough as they were not surprised by what I was saying though.
Makes sense they didn't realize. So great that you opened their eyes. The fact that they were not surprised means they had a hunch but you filled in the blanks.

Quote:
For sure . Especially when there was not a CTO on Bulgarian level. She was able to protect him and everything was neatly covered between her, the jerk and the ex boss.
Yep. So dirty.

Quote:
It's not that girl's fault. I completely agree. I do not even think that hiring her is the worst thing here. The worst thing is actually not just hiring her, but also telling her that she is doing awesome (when she is not), giving her bigger salary raise compared to others that have been in the team longer, have more experience and have shown to be more capable. And that is not her fault either. It's obviously management's fault. In that case by management I mean HR, the jerk and the ex boss who are making those decisions. If they were honest with her it would have been better for everyone involved. Now she gets inflated ego and you cannot even train her properly as she is told that she is so good so you can't even say that she made a mistake. In fact she is sort of a victim now because they basically screwed her chances for learning something and getting better.
Exactly! She is a victim now. She won't get better. They basically created her and molded her in a way they can control. Did they really do all of this because she's hot? Or was there another element? Maybe by giving her these things and not telling the truth she feels obligated to not SEE what they are up to? She won't leave like others have and she'll always be positive about them because of what they have given her. Of course she will have zero advancement opportunities but she's probably satisfied. It's like almost a form of brain washing.

Quote:
Definitely .

So yesterday I had two organizational meetings. One meeting was between me, O, P and M. They are the most experienced guys in the team. I had told both O and P for the separation and had asked them if they want to be in my team and they both agreed. However P and M have an old conflict or rather P has with M. M does not care about P at all. So I deliberately did not tell P two weeks ago that M would be my deputy. I had to do it yesterday though and as expected P had a strong reaction about it. Basically he said that he can't work with a boss he does not talk to and as he does not talk to M he might decide to leave. I told him that M is not his boss. I will be his boss. Anyway there obviously P has different opinion about ex boss/jerk compared to me and M. I told him that it's OK, but he does not know a lot of stuff. I told him that M has been repeated threatened to be fired, I have been told repeatedly that the team does not need M and M himself complained numerous times to ex boss for said stuff before saying anything to anyone else. I told P that I understand him, but I also understand M and we will have to accept that we have different opinions.
Why does P have a problem with M? Why don't they talk?

Quote:
Then in the afternoon I had two other meetings. One was organizational one where man the other Development team has some issues with our architect. Like it's so obvious. Only when it comes to work, but still. Luckily for now they do not show the same attitude towards me. I mean they treat me differently compared to the ex boss, jerk and architect. Definitely nicer.

Afterwards I finally had a meeting with my new team where I basically explained what's going on. I omitted the whole personal conflict between me and my ex boss. I do not think that they need to know that. The CTO came and was there for the whole meeting. For now people seem OK with this change. At least I did not see a strong reaction against it yesterday. I told them that we will have one on one meeting with everyone where we could discuss personal questions or issues. Not everyone feels that comfortable asking questions in front of everyone.
Good that both meetings went fairly smoothly. Why does the Development team have some issues with the architect?