View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 05:10 AM
Lauren Helen Graham
Fan Forum Star

Honestly, I think Garvey killed him... He was stabbed (Singleton I mean) the way Tom was stabbed. And we know that Garvey has this special knife and my theory is that he killed Singleton the same way.
He has no idea that somebody could be on to him He doesn't know that Liz heard his voice and knew it was him.

About the bullets, aren't they put in there in general? It's common ritual:
Quote:
A standard part of any military funeral is the ceremonial shooting of three volleys in honor of the deceased. The three spent shell casings are presented to his or her next of kin. Anyone who is entitled to a military funeral (generally anyone who dies on active duty, honorably discharged veterans and military retirees) are entitled to the three rifle volleys, subject to availability of honor guard teams.

Three Bullet Casings Slipped Into Folded Flag

The funeral honors also include a ceremony in which the honor guard removes the flag from the casket and carefully folds it, with the blue field of stars facing up. Then, the folded flag is presented to the deceased person's family as a token of gratitude for that person's service. The flag detail often slips three shell casings into the folded flag before presenting the flag to the family. Each casing represents one volley. This gesture provides a slightly different meaning for the symbolism of the three bullets in a military funeral. Some military traditionalists argue that the shell casings should not be slipped into the flag as it's being folded since doing so would require opening a flap of the flag. Instead, the shell casings should be retrieved and presented separately to the next of kin.
I said this before in another thread but you guys don't believe me, do you?