View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 02:08 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Adam's performance in the Proposal scene is incredible. I love how he gulps at least twice, depicting a nervous Ben

Quote:
I don't think we considered that fact that it was Luke's saber and she probably wanted it back. She wouldn't just leave the saber there with him.

Tereza, I always felt this was a huge reason why Rey took the saber back. Let's remember that the last time Ben was trying to take ownership of the blue saber, it was the TFA forest scene - and Rey will recall that Kylo hurt Finn pretty bad at that point. In fact, I'm surprised that more people forget to link it with that scene. It represents Kylo's arrogance in believing that he deserves the saber because it is his birthright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peatmoss62 (View Post)
In that picture with both of them reaching for the sabre, the text is from a fanfic "novelization" of the scene. The author didn't credit herself in the picture for some reason, but if you go to her site (No Apology Book Reviews) there are several scenes from TLJ she "novelized." They're pretty good, I like how she views Ben. She even wrote kind of a biography for him using quotes out of the books.

Hi and welcome to the thread!

I love what she wrote in that pic of them reaching for the saber. I feel it is an accurate representation of what they were both feeling in that moment. Her somber determination to leave and his desperation to stop her, because it will mean that they're on opposite sides again

Wow 10 consecutive tumblr weeks That's huge. I wonder if any other couple has had such a long running streak? Yay for Reylo
Skam Italia icon
Gwen