View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 06:04 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I never liked Shatterstar that much either, but I do like things to be faithful to the comics. I'm interested in these movies because they remind me of the comics I read, so when they change things it kind of defeats the purpose as far as I'm concerned.
You know for all the disagreements we've had, it's nice that some things we agree on, like this. You pretty much nailed it. And Hollywood doesn't give a f, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
He was only 59. An awful lot of black actors die young. Like Michael Clarke Duncan and Bernie Mac. And so many of the stars of the '70s Blaxploitation films. It must be something to do with the way society treats black people. People of Irish background in Britain used to have that problem -treated as lower status in society, they had worse health and died younger than the majority of people in Britain. For all I know they still do.
Yeah, I think I read that African Americans have the highest mortality rate or something. And I remember when Michael Clarke Duncan passed away. I was shocked. He didn't seem like the type to just die like that.