View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 10:48 PM
Drunk On You
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
I thought so too. I think with the 3rd, is when she began to really start with the whole mythology stuff, time travel, and her writing matured and started leaving just pure romance and entered a territory of some depth.

I'll have to see if I can find the timeline, but yes, you are correct, Touch of the highlander was in the 1300's? where Hawk's book and the 2nd were in the 15th century? I remember hawk talking about 500 years in the future Adrienne had come from.
I remember in Hawk's it was mentioned Adrienne was from 500 years in the future. The third book it said that Lisa went back 700 years and that was the 14th century. I started the 4th and it's mentioned that it's the 16th century. I can easily go back look at the date for Hawk's.

But Adam made a comment about Hawk in the 3rd book. But that could be easily explained as Adam traveling between the centuries. I've started to noticed connections in all of them. In the third book some of his trusted friends last name is Douglas (Hawk's last name) and mention of fighting with some berskers with Grimm's last name. Also Gwen made a comment about a show or something entertaining called Ladyhawk. Also Drustun before he realized how different the century is made a comment about how villages being near Brodie's land and how he wouldn't like that because he's a private man.

I think I know another reason why I don't enjoy Grimm's story as much. In other series like LotU I don't particularly care for stories where the 2 know each other before.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote