View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 08:38 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I don't think they were seriously playing to the comics though. I think they wanted to deviate from it. I think that's why they developed the pairings the way they have. Even if this wasn't based on the Archie comics, I think that BA kiss would still have happened because they seem to be trying to go for the Gossip Girl model with this show (sans Chuck Bass) and the drama comes from this sort of tension. I think where they truly messed up is trying to mix up teen romances and some sort of dark poorly executed gang storyline that makes 0 sense.
Oh I know, that's what I meant. They are so half-a$$ing the comic triangle. They don't even want to go there, it is so obvious. It is merely "trying to get it out of the way" is how I see it, if at all. The gang storyline is a pile of crap. Someone from the show on Twitter even confirmed Jughead truly did knife Penny and said it was due to his love for Betty and protecting her. This is so far away from the real character of Jughead. Season 1 had Jughead dealing with a terrible family situation. Instead of focusing on a lame gang storyline, they should have brought back his mom and sister and dealt with his family issues instead.