View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 04:50 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Arinna! Hi, Nina! Hi, May! Well, it's still chilly, but we're expecting a warm up this weekend. You're gonna get one too up in New York City, Nina!

Just a lot of walking, May? Well, that's what I did when I was in Europe, along with a lot of eating. I also met some great people. I hope you get a chance to go back there and reunite with some of them.

Ohhh, you got to ride a carousel in London? But not the one in the photo you posted, right? And did you go on those Ferris wheels there too? I only ask because there's one in the background. I hope you can post some of the pics you took.

Hi, Nina! Yeah, I've noticed that since season 1, James and Winn aren't that involved in the story from what I've seen. But I still think that this James Olsen is a far cry from Jimmy Olsen in the comics. I can't see this guy being a sidekick to anyone. He's more like the type of guy who'd be a globetrotting photojournalist going after his own stories. So Mon-El is married? I guess that's why so many Kara/Mon-El shippers were disappointed. But do you think he'll stay that way? You know how these storylines always go. The writers always do this, just like they did to Sydney Bristow and Michael Vaughn on Alias. It is a bit cliché.

As for fidelity to the comics, I don't mind slight deviations from the source material, Nina. Oliver being with Felicity, for instance. True, that didn't happen in the comics, but Oliver Queen has never been exclusive with anyone. Sure, he's had his thing with Dinah Lance/Black Canary, but they've never been exclusive or endgame. Dinah had a thing with Bruce Wayne once, and Oliver is... well, Oliver. And on the original Flash TV show in 1990 they got rid of Iris after one episode and focused on Barry and Christina McGee. It's not like Barry didn't have any other love interests in the comics either. Minor differences are okay, but not major ones that deviate from the story and character so far that it really isn't the same character anymore.

I guess it's possible that Cat Grant has grown and become more of a serious journalist than she was in her tabloid days when she wrote "Cat Calls." The problem is that Cat is supposed to be around the same age as Lois Lane, and this Cat Grant seems much older than Lois. They were friendly rivals in the newsroom at The Daily Planet. Oh well. And yeah, it seems like they just borrowed that line from Cat about Bruce Wayne in the comics and gave it to Clark Kent instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I don't know, that's the only part I'm really interested in – Alice/FP so until that happens I'm not sure about catching up. (Though I did like what I saw of Hiram/Hermione so far.)
I'm still getting caught up on the Riverdale episode because I've only watched half of it so far. I agree, Hiram and Hermione are starting to get more active and involved in the storyline. I'm a bit shocked to see what Cheryl's mom has had to do to make money lately. And Archie being recruited by the FBI? We're getting into serious Twin Peaks territory here. Even Madchen Amick(Alice) made mention of all the Twin Peaks references, like Betty's dream where she saw the Black Hood crawling over the sofa towards her, just like Killer Bob did to Maddy in her dream. Madchen Tweeted "I see you #Twin Peaks... uhhh, I mean #Riverdale."