View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 07:53 AM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I can back up what you’re saying based on the past French arrogant witch I knew. She was apparently good at what she did in software (when she wasn’t cheating not once but twice with two men not named her boyfriend at the time) but she never talked about work out of the office and she took so much time off it felt like she worked less than her vacation days. I could never wrap my brain around the French culture and in the workforce especially. I know I come from a culture/country that is known to be overworked and to take work way too seriously. But looking at how the French do it just seems weird to me. They are always on strike over something and they just don’t care about work as a whole. So passive. I could never enter that culture and fit in.
Yes and when you start telling them that they need to work more they are always thinking in a way of what the management should do for them. Like you tell the French that they need to be more efficient so that we could with the competition and they are like "The competition has 100 people working on this, we are 10. That's all we can do" or "We are sick and tired to justify our work to the management". I have heard both of those sentences. While I do think that overworking is not the answer, I also believe that people could do more. They just have never though how to do more.

Quote:
I remember when Alex Morgan came home from her loan in France. Her words were very interesting. She definitely didn’t sign on to go back and in so many tweets and interviews talked about how she could never adjust to the culture in France. You could tell she had a very difficult time just existing there with the people/culture putting aside the soccer. She loved accomplishing her goal in soccer there but you could tell anything else about French culture was difficult for her. She seemed miserable. I think once she won the championship she grabbed her bags and sprinted to the nearest plane, LOL.
It's understandable. If you are used to do more and be more efficient, you get bored quite easily with people like that. I know that I was bored with the French. They would waste so much time in meetings and talking instead of doing things. I considered it complete waste of my time.

Quote:
Absolutely!

Yes it appears the jerk and boss have no idea how to juggle their strengths and weaknesses because they see their behavior as perfect. It’s not a coincidence the jerk doesn’t work closely with people. It’s not his strength and whether he wants to admit it or not he rubs people the wrong way. I could see him just wanting a major power position sitting back on his thrown looking down at everyone. I’m sure that’s his dream position.
It is his dream position. He is a narcissist. He wants to be the only one on the top. He takes it personally every time someone challenges him or offers better idea of doing things. I have noticed this about him. If you question his knowledge he looks for an option to strike back. The thing with me is that I am capable to respond back and we do in meetings in front of people. I do not back down and find his weakness too . I have no issues admitting that I am wrong. I do like to point out the mistakes of arrogant people and I love to do this with him .