View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
BehrItAll
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
To a certain degree that's true, but Germany surrendered in both wars. At the end of World War 1, Germany signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France.

At the end of World War II, the Chief-of-Staff of the German Armed Forces High Command, General Alfred Jodl, signed an unconditional surrender document for all German forces to the Allies.

Like scififan2009 said, One side has to win and the other has to lose. There’s no middle ground.
Didn't Hitler then ignore everything I'm the armistice agreement of WWI? I think I remember a History show about WWII saying that.

I haven't followed this whole conversation but by just reading this page, I agree. There is no middle ground.

Quote:
Can’t say I really blame Rey for choosing not to join Kylo Ren. He was suggesting just letting everyone in the resistance die. For all she knew Finn, the man who came to starkiller base to save her, could have been on one of those ships. She couldn’t just abandon her friends.

I guess in the end it doesn’t matter who her parents were. She’s found her real family now. She has people who love and care for her. She made the right choice, to stay with them. That’s why she’s the light in the awakening to meet the darkness in the force.

Even if she could save Ben I’d be very surprised if there was still a place for him in the new world that will exist after the good side wins. He’s more likely to go into his own personal exile out of shame, the same way Luke did.
I agree with all of this, scififan2009.