View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 12:12 AM
emrie
Loyal Fan

Guys. Chill out. Here, read this:

To make my little S/S heart feel better:

1. I'll bet part of Seth's distance from Summer was because the guilt he was feeling was so strong that he was unable to enjoy himself with her. Now that things with Anna are solved, I think he'll relax again.
2. I think JS is hedging his bets and giving the S/A fans a nice send-off as well as leaving the door open for her hypothetical return.
3. Seth told Summer that this wasn't a romance thing. She accepted it and wisely didn't cling or deny what he needed to do. That tender kiss on the forehead was very intimate and sweet and I loved it.
4. I'm chalking the "What if the girl I'm supposed to be with...?" and "Maybe in the future..." lines up to JS leaving that door open (see #2), them acknowledging their similarties and also why it was so wrong right now, and especially Seth being a little tipsy for his line.
5. The many repetitions of Seth and Summer's lines, both referring to the kissing booth with the exact same words, the Tijuana car convo, etc. are meant to reassert their hidden similarities and draw a paralell between them. I'm choosing to believe that JS stuck it in there for that purpose.
emrie is offline   Reply With Quote