View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 10:48 PM
YouWillForgetThisUserName
Part-Time Fan

:::Looks around:::

Yay! I can discuss the episode with BCers now! Sorry to everyone earlier for posting those spoilers, won't ever do it again...DOH!...Should've known better than to do that.

Anyway, I know that a lot of you, including myself earlier, will be a bit confused and pissy (as I was [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) about Seth's comment in the end. Because to me, everything else Seth did was consistent to him not wanting to lose a best friend...not a potential lover. But then.....

[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
SETH: What if the girl I was supposed to be with just went back to Pittsburgh?

BUT...now I'm totally okay with that comment, because:

I remember during "Heartbreak", a scene between Marissa and Summer at the beach-

Marissa: Maybe...we just weren't meant to be together?
Summer: Maybe we're just chasing after the wrong boys.

After Summer says that, Seth proves to her via the slow dance in his room and the kissing booth scene, that she isn't chasing after the wrong boy.

And now with "The Goodbye Girl", it's a bit parallel-

SETH: What if the girl I was supposed to be with just went back to Pittsburgh?
RYAN: What if she went back to Chino?

And I think that in the upcoming episodes, Summer's going to prove to Seth that the girl he's meant to be with isn't at Pittsburg, but at Newport.

In any case, both comments were said irrationally, as a result of disappointment or despair (disappointment with having sex too rashly [summer]...despair of losing a friend and desparately trying to cling on to her by any means, even somewhat reconsidering his unsuccessful relationship with her, just so he can keep her there[seth])

Am I making sense? Hopefully?
YouWillForgetThisUserName is offline   Reply With Quote