View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 04:03 AM
Anabela
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Grand Hotel- I also love the movie. But I didn't like her in it. I think Joan Crawford stole her the attention she used to get all for herself. I don't think she "glows" as much as in other movies. Also, the overacting really bothered me.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Queen Christina- I don't remember much from this movie. I don't think I liked it that much.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Ninotchka: I love this one. I think it's funny and I liked Garbo in it.

I've also seen:
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Anna Karenina: I like this movie. I like the novel, the characters and I like this adaptation. This is not an easy novel to adapt. I didn't like Garbo much in it because I always thought Anna was a fragile being. Garbo didn't gave me that feeling of frailty. I still like this movie, though.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Susan Lennox (Her Fall and Rise): I watched it because of a very young Clark Gable. Still, I didn't like the movie. I think it's weird and unbalanced. It is a mix of genres but I don't think it worked. I still loved to see Gable.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Mata Hari: another one that I love. I just adore the story. Garbo is great: she looks misterious, exactly how I imagine Mata Hari. I like specially the dance in the beggining.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] As You Desire Me: I don't remember much of it. I think it wasn't that bad, but not very memorable.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Conquest: I liked the ending. It was so sad and romantic. I liked the story aswell: I wasn't used to see Napoleon that way.

I always liked Garbo for her movies, but not that much for her acting and for her beauty. I don't think she was pretty and I never liked her accent, but, somehow, she managed to do enjoyable movies and I appreciate that.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Camille, The Joyless Street, Flesh and the Devil, The Gosta of Berlin: I haven't seen these.

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited Vitalogy ]