View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 02:10 PM
One Thing Remains
Moderator Manager

Glad it's doing so well at the box office! I am sure this has been discussed before but I'm a little late to the party

I enjoyed this movie a lot. I will definitely see it again when it come out on DVD. The only thing I didn't like was all the parallels between characters. I feel like a big portion of the movie was just a repeat of the original trilogy with new characters. But it definitely didn't stop me from enjoying the movie.

Luke became Obi-Wan. Luke isolated himself away from everyone and stopped being a Jedi because of Ben turning (although Luke took it to more of an extreme) the way that Obi-wan Isolated himself after Anakin Turned. Luke also ended up taking on Kylo and sacrificing himself so that Rey and the resistance could get away much the same way that Obi-wan died fighting Vader so Luke could get away.

Kylo is Anakin. Crazy fit of rage where they destroy lots of stuff like kindergartners. Kylo killed his master to save Rey the same that Vader killed the Emperor or save Luke.

Emperor = Supreme Leader Snoke. They both tried to convert the new Jedi to the dark side and both were unable to see the feelings that their head Jedi for the Jedi they were torturing and they both died.

Rey is OT Luke - she saw good in Kylo and decided to go to Kylo to save him just as Luke as good in Vader and went to save him. Neither had finished their Jedi training before going up again the leader of the dark side.

I know there were difference in the stories but the cores remained the same. Rey wasn't completely able to save Kylo but she did set the stage for his future salvation.

I am sure this isn't where the writers are going but it kind of reminded me of the Matrix trilogy in that the general storyline just keeps repeating with different players. The difference with Neo is that he was in love with Trinity and that is why he choose a different path than his predecessors did. The Oracle arranged everything because she felt the outcome needed to be different. Much like the Force wants a different outcome - one that balances good and evil. It made me think that maybe the story will play out differently this time because Kylo is in love with Rey. But than again probably not since Anakin was in love with Padme and still went to the dark side.

Last edited by One Thing Remains; 01-03-2018 at 02:19 PM